20 October 2010

Berlin Picnic #2

We couldn't resist. We had such an awesome picnic in Mauer Park on our first Sunday in Berlin, that we had to return the next Sunday for another one. It was a beautiful day. Can you blame us?


P1020010


More pictures and a couple videos after the jump. And details on - *gasp* - a picnic without bread!


This time we found a nice open space in the flats of Mauer Park, within view and earshot of the massive karaoke performance on the hill.

P1020012

P1020013

We've had a lot of bread on this trip. And since we have a kitchen where we can prepare things now, Jacob packed us the makings for some tasty lettuce wraps!

P1020015

P1020017

Jacob also brought a Berlin brew along to enjoy and for some dumb reason I declined his offer to bring one for me. So I headed over to a makeshift food stand that was selling beer and pretzels. 2 Euro! Score!

It had been a while since I skunked Jacob in a game of cribbage, and he was eager for another trouncing, so he set up the game while I was getting the beer and pretzel. While I was gone, a group of musicians had set up near us, and were just starting to play as I returned. As we began our game, the musicians stood up and started playing and dancing-- soon a crowd had gathered. The music was fantastic! But don't take my word for it! Check out the videos:




More pics:

P1020024

P1020029

P1020032

And then for some reason, a giant hammer came walking down the street.

P1020020

Just a normal Sunday in Mauer Park. :)

(Oh yeah, and Jacob beat me in cribbage)

No comments:

Post a Comment